The City of Tye Public Works office is responsible for the management of the city's infrastructure and key essential services. This includes:
- Mowing and trimming of city parks and city right of ways
- Water and Sewer line maintenance, repair and replacement
- Roadway repair and maintenance
- Solid waster and debris removal
- Repair and maintenance of city owned buildings
- Issuing permits and applications
The Public Works office is not responsible for the following:
- Water line leaks between the residence and the meter
- Sewer line leaks/clogs from the residence to the connection
- Mowing or trimming of private property
- Roadway repair and maintenance of private drives
Public Works is also responsible for issuing permits for new construction, add-on construction and new manufactured housing being moved in to the city, as well as applications for new service, disconnecting service and alarms.
The Public Works office is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, excluding holidays, and can be reached at 325-692-8588. The office is located at 205 North St, in Tye. For after hour emergencies, please call 325-674-1300. This line is answered by the Taylor County Sheriff's Office. They will get ahold of the on duty police officer, who will in turn get ahold of the on-call maintenance worker.
For permits and applications, please click on the permits link to the left and select the appropriate form. If you have a complaint concerning any of the services the Public Works department handles, please call us or use our complaints link.