Police - Citizen's Resources
The Tye Police Department has put together a list of phone apps that can be used for crime prevention and personal safety. We have also provided a list of programs and services offered by the Tye Police Department. Apps are provided as a resource only and are not endorsed by Tye Police Department or City of Tye. If you have a question on any of the services or programs Tye Police Department offers, please contact us at 325-692-2610.
Programs and Services:
- House Watch Program: The House Watch Program is for those citizens who are going out of town and would like the police department to check on their residence. The House Watch form can be downloaded here
- Ride Along Program: The Ride Along Program provides an opportunity for citizens to experience the law enforcement function first hand. It also allows us to get to know our citizens, and hear their concerns. The form can be downloaded here.
- ReportIt: Tye Police Department has partnered with ReportIt, a citizen property inventory system. ReportIt allows users to create a free account to securely store pictures, item descriptions and serial numbers of their valuables. In the event your valuables are stolen, you can download the records and provide them to us, to help us recover your property. Sign up for your free account today!
- Code Red: Code Red is a free program offered by Taylor County that alerts citizens in the event of an emergency situation, such as severe weather, evacuation notices, boil water notices and missing child reports. Click here for more information.
- Smart911: Over 70% of calls made to 9-1-1 come from mobile phones. When you dial 9-1-1 from a mobile phone, the 9-1-1 call takers have very little information to help you – only your phone number and a very general sense of your location. This does not bode well in an emergency when seconds count, particularly if you or your loved ones have medical conditions, or if there is a fire. With Smart911, both 9-1-1 call takers and first responders know exactly what you want them to know in any kind of emergency. Sign up today for free!
Mobile Phone Apps:
- bSafe: bSafe is a personal safety app designed to keep you and your friends safer 24/7. It’s packed with features for both everyday safety and real emergencies, making it the ultimate safety tool for you and everyone you love. bSafe puts safety in YOUR hand - for FREE! Available in the App Store and Google Play.
- Neighborhood Watch: Neighborhood Watch is introducing a mobile phone app for iphone, Blackberry and Android platforms. The Neighborhood Watch App has dynamic reporting capabilities including options to add photos and text to reports from Block Captains, volunteers, or from citizens who want to report anonymously. Linked to a proprietary database of law enforcement agencies from throughout the country, the Neighborhood Watch App enables citizens to report drugs, marijuana, and other crime concerns, suspicious activities and community disorder. The NW App also offers innovative features such as mini training videos, and tips on starting, revitalizing or expanding your Neighborhood Watch. Additionally, the Ask the Expert section allows users to query national crime prevention and Neighborhood Watch experts on topics of interest. Available in the App Store and Google Play.
- Circle of 6: Circle of 6 is for everyone. It’s fast, easy-to-use and private. Originally designed for college students to prevent sexual violence, it’s also handy for teenagers, parents, friends, or all communities seeking to foster healthy relationships and safety. Need help getting home? Need an interruption? Two taps lets your circle know where you are and how they can help. Circle of 6 app for iPhone and Android makes it quick and easy to reach the 6 people you choose. It’s the mobile way to look out for each other on campus or when you’re out for the night. A simple tool to prevent violence before it happens. Available in the App Store and Google Play.
- MyForce: MyForce is a personal security service anyone can put on his or her smartphone. It’s the first and only personal security system for smartphone users that connects them to UL listed, 5-Diamond certified professionally trained alarm-monitoring centers, as well as subscribing college and university campus law enforcement. In situations where potential danger looms, individuals are better served to be connected directly to a well-trained and professional emergency monitoring team and/or law enforcement, rather than connected to friends and family who may not receive the notification in a timely manner; or who may be unprepared to respond. During a violent attack or sexual assault, one is not able to dial for help or clearly convey all the pertinent details to summon the appropriate assistance. MyForce provides emergency response units with the subscriber’s exact location, accurate physical description, photo, known safety issues or concerns, medical conditions, and emergency contacts. Available in the App Store and Google Play.