Code Enforcement - Recreational Vehicles
Occupancy of recreational vehicles
- A vehicle or portable structure built on a chassis and designed to be used for temporary occupancy for travel, recreational or vacation use. Said vehicles may contain plumbing, heating and electrical systems which are operated without connection to outside utilities. Recreational vehicles shall include:
(A) Travel trailer. A vehicular, portable structure built on a chassis and designed to be drawn by a motorized vehicle and which is designed to be used as a temporary dwelling for travel, recreational and (B) Camper. A removable structure designed to be mounted on a truck chassis for use as a temporary dwelling for travel, recreational and vacation (C) Motor home. A portable, temporary dwelling to be used for travel, recreational and vacation use constructed as an integral part of a self-propelled vehicle. (D) Camping trailer. A folding structure mounted on wheels and designed for travel, recreational and
- The following shall not be deemed to be recreational vehicles: Manufactured housing constructed to standards established by the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development and designed to be permanent residential structures after being properly secured and skirted.
Limitation of use:
- No recreational vehicle within the city may be used or occupied for more than 14 days in any one-month period unless approved as follows:
(A) The owner of a recreational vehicle may apply to the city hall for an extension of time as may be determined in the sound discretion of city hall, but in no event to exceed six months. (B) No recreational vehicle may be attached to any external appurtenances, such as carports, cabanas, or (C) No recreational vehicle shall be occupied for commercial purposes. (D) This section shall not be construed as prohibiting the parking or storage of unoccupied recreational vehicles within the city.
- Nothing in this section shall apply to a recreational vehicle legally parked in a licensed mobile home park.
- Any person, firm, corporation, or agent who shall violate a provision of this section or fail to comply therewith, or with any of the requirements thereof, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of not more than $2,000.00. Each day that a violation continues shall constitute a separate offense.