The City of Tye Code Enforcement office is responsible for enforcing city ordinances, city codes and state laws to protect the health, safety and quality of life for the citizens and visitors of Tye. To achieve this, the office provides education of applicable ordinances, codes and laws, as well as working with citizens and visitors to achieve compliance with the ordinances, codes and laws of the city. The office also investigates reports of violations and ensures that required standards are met.
The Code Enforcement office routinely investigates the following issues:
- Abandoned appliances that can entrap children
- Abandoned/Dangerous buildings
- Construction without permit
- Abandoned/Junked vehicles
- Occupied recreational vehicles
The Code Enforcement office does not investigate the following:
- Number of people living in a residence
- Animal complaints (contact Animal Control)
- Drainage between properties (contact City Maintenance)
- Blocking of private views
- Tree roots and/or overhanging trees on private property
- Leaves from neighbor's trees
If you believe there is a code violation, please contact the Code Enforcement office at 325-692-8588, or fill out the complaint form here. All reports are kept confidential and those reporting the violation remain anonymous.
Code Enforcement Officers